Monday, April 2, 2012

How you ate all my good snacks &left me all the cheap ones??! Thats odee?!



             I had to think twice before I chose this, because it contains so many different meanings, and its not really a word, but more like an expression.Still, it has a meaning, so it is, in context a word.  I wanted to pick something fun that can be used in almost any conversation, in many different ways according to the context of the sentence. It's a fad word, and probably won't be used long term in the way that I'm presenting it in, but I'm documenting it, whether to track it in history, or to make this fun for the person reading it. Both sit just fine with me.=)
        The term "O.D." (in this particular blog), stands for overdose,over doing it, overdone, but does not mean fatal, just in excess.  the phrase is used as is. You O.D'd or you odee right now depending on how you feel like writing it I suppose, but that's how you say it. 
Examples;
 "You put on the earrings, AND the necklace, AND the rings?! um, that's O.D. 
 "I told her she was welcome to use some of my shampoo, and she O.D'd and used like half the damn bottle!"  " Ugh, why did I have to O.D. on the pasta, my stupid dress is too tight now." 
Of course you can't skip the dramatics...
" O.M.G. she cheated on her boyfriend AGAIN?! That's O.D.EE .." (lol)
  
  It is an acronym, (O.D),  but can also potentially be a back formation because u can change it into a verb, depending on how  you use the "word", which technically would also make it a conversion. You can use it in present tense, and past tense, and add -ing, and -'d.

2 comments:

  1. lol I liked your post better because it was less technical and definitely fun!!! I had a good laugh out of all your examples :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice word and funny story lol. never thought about it but that's O.D!!

    ReplyDelete